1/06/2007

FontThing for browsing your fonts

I have hundreds of fonts installed on my computer. When working in Photoshop, it's not possible to scroll through all my fonts to find the right face for a particular use.
That's where
The Font Thing comes in. It's totally free to use, and lets me type in some text and then browse what that text will look like in all the fonts I have installed.

Font Thing is one of the top 5 productivity applications I couldn't live without.
Some text will work great in one font, but look awful in another, because some fonts have weak letters or patterns. So it's often important to match a font to the text that will be shown in that font. Just type in the text you want to see, set the size using the slider at the bottom, and you can scroll through all your installed fonts, looking out for something that has the right feel.

No comments: